Global problems. Global impact
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
We are looking for a Head of Global Technical (Makers) Recruiting in our San Francisco office that will transform the way we hire technical talent, globally. Our Maker’s organization consists of Engineering, Product, Design, Data, and Professional Services. As the Head of Tech Recruiting, you will work directly with the leaders and executives who define, design and develop our products and services. Your work is critically important to our success in the marketplace, and as such you will have a highly visible and influential role within the company.
You will lead and continue to build a team of high performing recruiters and sourcers, partnering with a global recruiting programs and operations team, and have access to a full suite of tools (plus evaluation of new tools) events roadmap (external and internal), and a company-wide commitment to D&I initiatives which you will partner on as our client continues to set new standards for D&I within their industry.
- Continue to build, lead and manage the global technical recruiting team and hiring strategy for the Maker’s organization;
- Build strong internal and external relationships with stakeholders across the organization, including Technical leadership and company executives;
- Inform and achieve hiring goals, through a high-touch and consultative hiring manager experience;
- Develop and present the technical recruiting strategy, tactics and KPIs. As well as model capacity needs and effectively advocate for necessary resources;
- Develop and deliver ongoing dashboards and data-driven reports that track results, impact and cost-effectiveness of resources and tactics. Use the information to detect trends and adjust the strategy to optimize ROI;
- Drive a voice and advocacy for diversity & inclusion amongst technical recruiting and the makers organization;
- Partner with Global Recruiting Programs & Operations and the Marketing team to create and execute innovative events and campaigns that drive positive employer branding and inbound talent pipeline;
- With the Global Head of Talent, you will play an active role in driving overall recruiting vision, mission and long-term strategy as a member of the Recruiting Leadership Team;
You should have:
- 10+ years of recruiting experience, with at least 3-5 years of experience leading a technical recruiting team in a high-growth environment;
- An expert ability to build great teams;
- Track-record of supporting professional growth by providing regular, honest feedback to your team;
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decisions;
- Experience building and implementing strategy around diversity in sourcing and hiring;
- Must be able to develop and implement complex processes across multiple locations
- Be a champion of change management to your team, including the skills and desire to drive our client’s culture and mission forward as a leader in the company;
- Smart, forward-thinking, high emotional intelligence and the ability to pivot priorities with agility;
- To lead with humility, confidence, and drive to develop yourself and your team;
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.