Build the Asia Trucking Operations to help Flexport grow
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re getting started to build our strong Asia trucking team. The trucking team is focused on building the networks and operations - from strategy to execution - to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
As our trucking operations associate, you’ll join an amazing and energized team, working alongside our trucking partners, trucking procurement team, warehouse team, as well as squad team as key stakeholders, to manage our trucking performance excellence and optimize operational processes.
- Support squad and ocean freight operations team for trucking-related issues;
- The main contact point of origin trucking if the squad need any support or operation questions;
- Allocation execution, ensure the right trucking resources fulfillment in the day to day operations;
- LCL, Air trucking planning and milk run route planning
- DO creation for LCL (warehouse - warehouse) and drayage from warehouse to terminals
- Support sales team/squad for any shippers/new customers on-boarding if they have any trucking or customs related inquire;
- SOP review and optimization with squad/ocean freight operations team as well as trucking partners;
- Trucking partner management, including action items updating speed, doc uploading performance management, etc.
- Conduct trucking operations review meeting with truckers on a timely basis
- Reporting and periscope dashboard management
- Exceptions handling to make sure smooth operation
- Work with trucking partners to diagnose origin trucking process with continual improvement
- Work with product team to support origin trucking app design
You should have:
- 2 years of prior work experience and a BA/BS Degree (trucking industry experience would be great but not required);
- A strong desire and a curiosity to learn all there is to know about the transportation industry;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; The ability to build and maintain relationships;
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Analytical thinking and willing to go to details;
Employee Applicant Requirements
- Employees need to be in their current role for at least 12 months and in good performance standing before they can be considered for a new role.
- Please talk with your current manager before applying to this role.
- Be prepared to share the following information;
- Goals for taking on the new role;
- Any success drivers you feel are relevant; and
- Why you’ll add value to the team on day one.
Internal Opportunity Principles:
- We empower our employees to find career opportunities by creating transparency for all open roles and making decisions in a fair and timely way.
- We play the long game and are dedicated to providing opportunities at the right time in the business cycle to make sure our customer’s experience is protected. All squad positions will remain in place during peak season of September-December.
- Flexport employees are our most valuable asset and should have a positive experience when being considered for an internal opportunity.
- We will adjust your compensation to align it with the salary range for that role and local market. We will offer relocation assistance if you relocate to another office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.