Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet. Started in 2013, we've now raised $1.3B from investors including Peter Thiel of Founders Fund, Softbank, DST, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Felicis Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
The Pricing Team owns and operates the platform that enables Flexport to design, test, and execute intelligent pricing for our vast array of service offerings. Successful team members can think in algorithms but communicate with anyone. We own Flexport’s pricing models and work across many groups within Flexport including Engineering & Product, Procurement, Sales, Operations, Finance, and Business Operations.
- Scale the global Pricing Operations team and systems to effectively handle exponential and multi-dimensional growth (transport mode, geography, customer segment)
- Build and run the systems to extract, translate, and load data in to Flexport’s internal price management systems and marketplace
- Own and improve KPIs for Flexport’s marketplace data, process efficiency, and automation
- Coordinate and execute strategic pricing work with other Pricing departments, Sales, Operations, and Flexport Procurement teams..
You should have:
- 8+ years experience in a marketplace or data-intensive operations function
- 3+ years of team leadership experience
- Track record in building teams and robust processes
- Track record in cross-functional collaboration and change management
- Familiarity with a scripting language like Python or R and its use cases. SQL fluency a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to challenge the status-quo
- Demonstrated ability to work on urgent deadlines and coordinate with other time zones
- Knowledge of freight or transportation a plus
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.