Build the People Operations team to help grow Flexport!
Reporting to the Director, Global People Operations, this position will administer the employment lifecycle of all Flexporters (onboarding through offboarding) and provide first-level employee and manager support for all things People related.
We are looking for an HR professional dedicated to delivering outstanding service. Although the Associate has a team of subject matter experts backing them up (for things like Benefits, Compensation, Immigration, and Employee Relations), they will support areas such as new hire onboarding, orientation, benefits, offboarding, HR policies and procedures, records management and reporting.
- Provide excellent customer service and act as point of contact for employees who have general questions regarding HR policies, programs, and procedures. Triage jira tickets to functional HR experts as needed
- Perform employee onboarding activities, including: offer letter generation, data entry, travel accommodations, I-9s, background checks, and coordination with Flexport Academy
- Identify areas of improvement and lead efforts to streamline work through process efficiency improvement, tools, and technology
- Process a variety of employment-related changes within our HRIS system, including employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, employee information and other confidential employee data
- Administer and monitor company compliance training programs
- Coordinate off-boarding in conjunction with People Business Partners and coordinate with stakeholder groups (Payroll, IT, etc.) as needed
- Maintain an understanding of policies, procedures, and regulations relevant to Human Resources; assist with the maintenance of the People team’s intranet site content
- Prepare and maintain employee hard and soft copy files
- Assist with various People team projects working in collaboration with the People Business Partner team and others when needed
- Provide support to employees and managers in using our HR systems
You should have:
- 1-2 years relevant work experience in an administrative or support capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a high volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities
- Strong data analysis skills, including Excel and/or Sheets; Experience with HRIS (such as Workday) a plus
- Proactive thought leader who can automate and streamline processes to allow for efficient company and team growth
- Although HR work experience is not required, genuine interest in HR is preferred
- Adept at using G-Suite applications (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.