Develop & Administer Programs To Help Flexport Grow
We're looking for a driven Credit & Collections Manager to help develop and administer our credit and collection programs for the broader organization. Credit and Collections are key to maintaining our working capital. Working with global businesses you’ll get the opportunity to work with a diverse array of clients and be challenged to set strategy where information may be opaque.
If you’re driven by solving complex problems and implementing solutions, Keep reading!
- Work closely with all areas of the finance team to maintain existing credit policies and procedures
- Implement strategies to refine our processes and onboard new products that will enable us to attain growth responsibly
- Oversee both internal and external communications with key stakeholders
- Own and implement processes for continuous credit monitoring
- Manage portfolio reviews and prepare reports to be submitted to the Director of Credit Risk on a Monthly basis
- Work with Director of Credit Risk to create new risk models leveraging Flexports unique datasets
- Collaborate with the core business units to help build a sustainable product that considers the many stakeholders involved in global trade
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance/Accounting Preferred).
- Deep understanding of financial accounting principles as they apply to commercial credit.
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to conceptualize and surface problems using our unique datasets.
- High proactiveness with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 2-4 year of experience in credit and collections administration.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite & SQL
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.