Lead of the growth engine in business development in Asia.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for driven Sales Manager with a proven track record to lead a fast paced sales organization and help to make Flexport the leader in Global Trade! Help us solve real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong sales teams;
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team, including hiring, training, and leading;
- Develop specific and targeted goals within each squad to expand and accelerate revenue opportunities within their unique customer sets;
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done
- Take ownership of key customers in region
- Support development of overseas business with Asia Stakeholders
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience scaling client-facing teams in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven leadership skills, people management skills,
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education;
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier institution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.