Shape the system that powers our products
The Flexport design team creates the end-to-end user experiences for our clients, their suppliers, and our service partners (Airlines, Ocean Carriers, Trucking Companies). Flexport’s design system, Latitude, is an evolving system that serves a team of over 120 designers and engineers. As a designer on the Design Systems team, you will focus on maintaining and evangelizing Flexport’s design language across our entire line of web and mobile products. Some of your main areas of contribution will include refining and expanding our shared design components, visual style, and documentation. In pursuing this mission, you’ll empower teams throughout Flexport to build cohesive and scalable experiences in an efficient manner by maintaining design specifications, patterns, and reusable components.
- Contribute to the experience design, visual style, and development of our system
- Collaborate across design and engineering to align teams and educate on our system’s best practices
- Work with product designers to design scalable components. Write accompanying design guidelines which articulate user needs/scenarios.
- Build and foster design system culture across our organization. We care deeply about our designer and developer experiences.
- Present work in a range of mediums and fidelities throughout the design process.
- Build prototypes to share and test concepts with stakeholders.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
You should have
- 3+ years professional hands-on design experience
- A strong portfolio of product design work illustrating successfully launched products
- A proven ability to bring projects from concept to completion
- A demonstrated strategic product thinking mindset and vision
- Passion for working with complex design systems that spans multiple products
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic environment
- The ability to strongly articulate your design work and rationale to your peers and cross-functional team.
Bonus Points if you
- Have worked on design systems in the past
- Have experience with HTML & CSS and like to prototype with code
- Have experience working with git
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t! be We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.