Join Our Growing Legal Team
Due to our rapid global expansion, we're looking for the next addition to our legal team, who will support the Company’s marketing team, as well as handle commercial agreements for teams across the Company.
This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Support Flexport’s marketing team in its global marketing strategy
- Provide legal review of marketing content and partner with marketing team to design and implement scalable processes for legal review of marketing content across all channels -- website, social media, press releases, product announcements, events, sales collateral and more
- Support and coach marketing team in drafting, negotiating and review of commercial agreements entered into with third party vendors that support the Company’s marketing strategy
- Draft, negotiate and review different types of agreements for a multitude of business teams across the Company (third party vendor and service provider agreements, statements of work, and master service agreements)
- Advise a multitude of business teams on risk, negotiating points and agreement structures.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing Flexport’s overall business objectives
You should have:
- JD and bar admission to practice
- 3 + years of professional experience
- In-house experience supporting sales, commercial and/or marketing teams
- Experience managing a team is a plus
- Practical experience and solid knowledge of commercial and contract law
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context
- A passion for closing deals
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing for deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across Company marketing strategies globally, various deal types and time zones
- Excellent communication skills to interact with both internal departments and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.