Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport’s marketing team is responsible for crafting the brand story and positioning as well as generating the leads that have led Flexport to become the 8th fastest growing company in the United States. We’re able to do this through engaging content like blog posts and webinars, high-converting performance advertising landing pages and integrated global campaigns, and our public facing website.
Frontend Engineering at Flexport
Frontend engineers at Flexport collaborate with design, research, and product to build elegant and performant user experiences. We aspire to contribute to open source with many of our learnings. Examples include:
- reflective-bind - eliminates wasteful re-rendering in React components caused by inline functions
- formula-one - strongly typed React form state management
We are building a platform that can scale to be best-in-industry in both user acquisition and freight volumes, and you will be responsible for building the pages and tools that will help us get there. If this sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
- Work at the intersection of Marketing and Frontend Engineering.
- Build and maintain all public-facing Flexport web properties - including Flexport.com, Flexport.org, Flexport blog, digital content experiences, and performance advertising landing pages.
- Collaborate with brand design, product marketing, content, and demand gen to build an engaging Flexport brand experience.
- Empower our sales pipeline with leads generated from website
- Support our marketing tech stack -- Salesforce, Marketo, A/B testing frameworks, personalization, and more
You should have:
- Comfortable with one of the modern JS frameworks (React, Vue, Angular2, etc.)
- Good knowledge of CSS
- Systematic thinker (consider how components can scale across our site)
- Motivated and excited about building the face of our brand and user acquisition efforts
- Ability to translate digital designs into functional, elegant, to-spec pages that realize the intended aesthetic and user experience
- Ability to ideate and add creative value to the user experience when implementing design
- Strength in cross-functional collaboration with design, product, and business
- Basic understanding of principles that drive SEO
What you’ve worked with ideally
- Design systems
- Salesforce and Marketo
Bonus points if you’ve worked with
- Web performance (time-to-interactive, dependencies, wasted renders)
- Front-end build/deployment process (Webpack, Babel)
- Headless CMS (Contentful)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Travis CI and Github. On the frontend, we use React for the views, organize the data flow with Flux architecture, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we're a Rails shop riding on AWS and Postgres RDS. Our staging server infrastructure is written in Python.
Engineering Culture and Values:
- Check out our Key Values profile
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.