Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. The Air team is focused on driving automation to decrease friction in air cargo management.
As our Data Analyst on Air, you’ll join a small and mighty team, working alongside our Air Strategy Manager to spearhead innovative and meaningful ways to define air freight strategy. We’re growing fast and sometimes that means we’re juggling multiple projects so we’re flexible and are great at prioritization.
- Become a deep technical expert on air cargo and learn about quoting, booking, flight planning, customs, dangerous goods, warehousing. How it all works together to power global trade
- Explore Flexport’s planet-scale dataset, using it to drive automation and decrease friction in air cargo management
- Become the expert on the Air team’s data and data model, working daily with engineers, data scientists, and product managers to improve our data and unlock its value
- Work with the global head of air freight strategy to define, implement, and maintain the executive and operational metrics
- Prepare and present Air team results to Flexport’s leadership
- Run ad-hoc analysis on operational performance as needed by operational managers and share insights on how to improve our performance
You should have:
- 2-4 year(s) of experience in a Data Analyst, Business Analyst or similar role using SQL and/or Python/R focused on product analytics; you have strong opinions on SQL syntax,
- Master’s degree in math, physics, data science, computer science, statistics, or related analytical field (trade school/bootcamp applicants welcome too!)
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another;
- Deep understanding of relational database technologies and concepts
- Statistics ability—you can run a power analysis, explain regression, and set up a t-test
- Passion for uncovering the story underneath the data, and telling that story succinctly and simply with clear visualizations
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.