We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport is a platform for global trade. We are a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest-growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet. Started in 2013, we've now raised $1.3B from investors including DST, Peter Thiel of Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, and more.
Our Finance Team supports and collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe, we need a highly-motivated FP&A Manager. As a member of the broader FP&A team, you will be a crucial part of decision-making in areas such as planning, resourcing, measuring success, approving investments, and more. You’ll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in Flexport's income statement and cash forecasting, budgeting, and executive reporting
- Support business and operations on projects and initiatives by providing in depth financial insights as a trusted business partner
- Drive insightful analyses to determine opportunities within reported financial data. Also includes developing key financial dashboards
- Conduct advanced analytics and develop new processes and tools to deliver impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
- Engage and collaborate with other groups across Finance and beyond on ad hoc projects and modelling
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members as required
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of finance experience preferably at a high growth company
- A strong understanding of GAAP financials
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools. Advanced Excel skills essential and knowledge of data systems, SQL, or other data languages preferred
- An ability to sweat the details and maintain a high level of integrity in your work
- A self-starter mindset enthusiastically driving projects