The Professional Services team’s mission is to enable a highly efficient, predictable and transparent supply chain by building robust data network between the Flexport core platform and our customer, supplier and carrier systems.
As a Flexport Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for building B2B data integrations between the Flexport’s platform and those of our customers and key partners. You will be working with a myriad of clients, from fast growing startup brands to established enterprises, building high quality, reliable and scalable integrations.
- Become a technical expert in logistics space and develop a deep understanding of the Flexport platform
- Participate in customer/partner calls, understanding their requirements and articulating Flexport’s platform and API capabilities.
- Develop an understanding of EDI standards being used by our enterprise partners for logistics data
- Design and build robust and scalable integration solutions which are repeatable and easily supportable.
- Utilize an integration platform such as Dell Boomi to build reliable data integrations between Flexport’s APIs and our partner systems, while providing visibility and transparency to both technical and non-technical cross functional teams.
- Work closely with Flexport’s Product and Engineering teams, proactively surfacing technical gaps between customer asks and Flexport’s current service and technical capabilities, and collaborate closely to address them.
- Partner with Sales and Operations to help answer customer questions and scope the technical effort required to build integration solutions.
You should have:
- Minimum 8 years (10+ preferred) of software or technology experience with a minimum 3 years of experience as a Solutions Engineer (or Integrations Engineer) working on B2B integration solutions with enterprise customers.
- At least 2 years of recent experience delivering solutions with enterprise integrations platforms such as Dell Boomi, Tibco, BEA, Mulesoft or similar.
- A good understanding of and experience with integration standards and transports including SFTP, Soap/Rest APIs, AS2, XML, XSD, JSON and EDI.
- A good understanding of database concepts and fluency in SQL
- Prior experience building and deploying robust programmatic integrations with APIs in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of various SDLC methodologies including Agile and Waterfall
Extra points for:
- Experience with integrating SaaS and on-prem ERP, Fulfillment, Order Management, or Warehouse Management systems
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external stakeholders, including customers’ technical teams and their system integrators.
- Prior experience building EDI integrations is a huge plus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.