We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport’s Security team is seeking a Software Security Architect to help Flexport establish itself as the most trusted company in the global trade ecosystem. As a Software Security Architect, you will develop and help to drive the adoption of software security strategy, security architecture standards, design patterns, and best practices across Flexport software products and services. You will build strong relationships with Flexport’s technical teams and ensure the security strategy is aligned with the overall team and business' objectives. If you are someone who is innovative, enjoys maintaining a deep level of expertise in software security, and provides thought leadership both internally and externally, then this is a great role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Drive overall software security architecture, working closely with product specific technical architecture experts
- Help product teams understand the impact of security issues from their customers’ perspectives
- Provide training to staff, contractors, development, and quality assurance teams, and product/software security champions related to product security.
- Evaluate new projects and changes in design for security implications, and work with design teams to mitigate and resolve based on value/impact/effort balance
- Provide technical leadership in planning, development, and execution of software security efforts
- Design and build prototype security solutions, including security specific test cases
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review, and design of the software, including technical review and analysis of source code with a security perspective. Will include reviews of in-house developed code, as well as review of technologies provided by third party vendors
- Conduct ongoing security analysis of our architecture and designs, facilitate and perform various security tests and reviews of our code, products, services and infrastructure
- Help build secure products and standards around emerging technologies and using existing standards and security practices
- Coordinate 3rd party penetration testing and bug bounty program
- Establish enterprise secure code modules, scripts or other methods to ensure uniformed secure coding practices by development teams
- Guide our software development teams through the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) by participating in design reviews, threat modeling, and in-depth security penetration testing of code and systems. These responsibilities extend to providing input on application design, secure coding practices, log forensics, log design, and application code security
- Serve as a leader by promoting security awareness, mentoring other team members, and staying up-to-date on security trends related to threats, vulnerabilities and OWASP best practices
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated leadership in all aspects of software security
- Deep understanding of static and runtime detection of security vulnerabilities
- Ability to tackle large scale security architecture problems
- Experience threat modeling software applications
- Experience working with large distributed applications on heterogeneous platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Possess strong organizational skills, both for yourself and for the team while working with many people in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to weigh several, often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company
- You are able to communicate effectively
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Culture & Values:
Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport