Build our air freight strategy
Our Air Freight Team continues to grow and, as part of that growth, we're looking to expand with a Air Procurement and Pricing Manager overseeing overall Air Freight strategy in South China. The Air department is sourcing the air capacity to fly Flexport cargo around the globe. We are a team of procurement specialists (aka air negotiators) and planning experts finding the best routing for shipments across the world. Our one aim is to provide the fastest solution for our customer to connect their production to their selling point.
- Work with regional leadership and global and regional Air Teams to define regional commercial strategy
- Define and manage partner strategy and the relationship and procure the required capacity and fair rates for our squads
- Define the air freight strategy, align with business development to develop carrier portfolio
- Monitor the fulfillment with carriers and partners to ensure satisfaction
- Build up cost and analysis model to support business development
- Support pricing team on business opportunities
- Lead and train the south china air freight team
- Ensure all requests to the team are immediately addressed & replied
- Ensure all operational issues related to air are immediately resolved
- Ensure that local teams in the region are constantly trained and up to date on airfreight processes and how to sell our airfreight product
You should have:
- 8+ years of experience in related field
- Degree in related field
- Full fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Manage a team of at least two associates
- Previous leadership experience in Freight Forwarding managing an operational team (customer service, space planning or operations).
- Extensive experience in air freight market particularly in Hong Kong and South China
- Strong analytical background and mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc…);
- Very structured with high level of energy;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.