We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
To keep up with our growth, we’re looking for a smart and passionate Workplace Manager for our growing Workplace team to help in building and scaling business expansion projects. Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- You will be the first face and voice of Flexport Los Angeles, including: greeting guests, managing deliveries and receiving calls
- You will keep our team fed and happy by stocking the kitchen with snacks and drinks, as well as making lunch accommodations
- You will own the condition of the office at all times, making sure it is always tidy, professional, presentable and clutter-free
- You will interface with property management, and all office service providers, to keep the office in pristine condition at all times (internet, electricity, cleaning, maintenance, etc.)
- You will anticipate office needs and being proactive about fulfilling them
- You will plan company happiness events including: birthdays, anniversaries, recognition and celebrations, team bonding activities and team offsites
- You will plan events for local clients and partners
- You will assist with internal communications
- You will manage, audit, and order office supplies
- You will manager day to day vendor management and communication
- You will help us stay in compliance across our office and an ambassador of employee security
- You will work in conjunction with IT Help Desk on workstation setup and office moves
- You will be admin support and additional projects as needed
What you’ll need:
- A BS/BA degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in Office Management or event planning, ideally in a high-growth environment
- A passion for people. You are smart, thoughtful, emotionally intelligent, and excited to bring out the best in people
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with setting up new office is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- A structured and organized approach towards your work
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- Professionalism including the ability to make a good first impression and demonstrate respectful, friendly and welcoming behavior
- You see a problem and come armed with a solution
Where you’ll work:
We’re not far from the country’s busiest port (LA/Long Beach), and we manage our own warehouse — basically, we have an amazing opportunity to improve and streamline processes at destination. We eat great food, host tons of fun events on our patio, and bring our pups to work.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.