Flexport is looking for a skillful leader to join our Trucking Procurement team as the lead the West Coast region. The West Coast is home to the largest import and export markets in the US. This region is critical to Flexport’s success and we are looking for an experienced and passionate person to drive our procurement strategy there. This person will be tasked with building and maintaining strong relationships with our key trucking partners to ensure Flexport’s position as a leader in global trade.
- Develop procurement strategy to ensure Flexport has high quality capacity to support our rapid growth
- Manage carrier relationships, on-boarding, contract negotiations and compliance
- Establish key performance indicators with carriers and ensure their adherence to achieve organizational OKRs
- Drive carrier adoption of Flexport’s trucking technology
- Manage and negotiate pricing with carriers that ensure competitive rates and enable Flexport to secure new businesses
- Work closely with our carriers to ensure successful implementation of new businesses
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, BBA or similar relevant area of study
- 3-5 years of prior experience as a Supply Chain Solutions Analyst or in Supply Chain or Management Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity or Venture Capital Research would be preferred OR candidates Master’s in Supply Chain / Industrial Engineering will also be considered
- Experience in market research, building reporting tools and dashboards and working on process improvement
- Experience working in the Logistics industry or developing strategy for transportation would be a plus
- Strategic thinking and ground floor execution - no job is too big or too small;
- Exceptional technical aptitude and strong desire for learning new technologies and solution architectures.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.