We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking for a Trade Manager for one of our largest tradelanes, Asia to North Europe. You will be part of our Global Ocean Team, based in either Amsterdam or Hamburg.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead our procurement efforts on one of the largest global trade lanes, Asia-Europe
- You will develop our partner strategy and relationships along with our global ocean team
- You will stay up-to-date on all market pricing, current conditions and cost competitiveness with focus on Asia-North Europe trade
- You will consult on both short-term and long-term pricing exercises
- You will lead a team managing ocean carrier contracts, rates, and maintenance
What you’ll need:
- You have a BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success
- You have 5+ years of experience at an NVOCC pricing or procurement team or in a supply-chain role
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- You have an obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- You show next-level attention to detail
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it!
- You have the intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks
- You are a master of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
Where you'll work:
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As the central hub of Flexport Europe, our Amsterdam team works with clients across Europe and partners closely with our colleagues in the U.S. and Asia. We’re incubating country markets before establishing local offices in their respective regions.