We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Flexport transacts around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, New York, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. Our Director of Accounts Payable will oversee our procure to pay (“PTP”) process which is essential to the core business as freight doesn’t move unless payment is received.
With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe, we need a highly-experienced, well rounded individual who has demonstrated the ability to deliver results in a global, hyper-growth, dynamic, and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for the company’s direction and performance of the Procure-to-Pay function and will transform the process into the most effective and efficient solution for scalable, long-term growth.
What you’ll do:
- You will streamline, transform and monitor the effectiveness of overall PTP operations
- You will manage all aspects of the Indirect PTP function including the development of global strategies, policies, and operations (e.g. onboarding, data master, procurement, compliance, etc.)
- You will build relationships with teams and key partners by listening, partnering, and educating on how PTP values and strategies will optimize the business
- You will drive PTP continuous improvement, automating processes, and implementing change management activities as applicable
- You will develop and manage PTP KPI and compliance reports; analyzing trends, monitoring various types of spend, etc
- You will review and improve PTP cycle time and Freight Disputes process, working closely with internal partners including Direct Procurement, Operations, Finance, Tax, Treasury, and Accounting
- You will ensure PTP policies are documented, monitored, and, applied globally and regionally as necessary
- You will manage global, PTP transactions to ensure purchase order (PO) issuance are executed in accordance with the company standards and policies
- You will partner with internal stakeholders and suppliers to establish advantageous purchasing, commercial terms, and payment requirements
- You will effectively communicate PTP values and responsibilities, consistently providing education to partners on how to most effectively engage procurement
- You will evaluate supplier risk; manage supplier onboarding and ongoing data management
- You will manage and develop a team of 10+ total individuals (including direct managers)
- You will ensure team is set up for success and can achieve and/or exceed required expectations and drive career development plans
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years within PTP function
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Supply Chain Management, or another business-related field
- Freight forwarding/logistics, International and Domestic Payment experience required
- Advanced skills in quantitative applications such as Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse solutions, Microsoft Excel, etc
- Knowledge of payment software platforms and ERP systems, (experience with Netsuite is a plus!)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret information from various sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Strong MS Office and presentation skills
- Team-player with a can-do attitude
Where you’ll work:
Our Atlanta team is growing in Midtown! We are a close-knit team and take the time to get to know each other. We’re setting down roots, building a book of business, and growing fast!
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.