We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We’re looking for a Senior Implementation Manager to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to establish and standardize the Global Implementation Methodology that will be utilized across our organization. The ideal candidate should have the ability to drive implementation workflow and should have extensive experience managing cross-functional projects. Salivating at the thought of solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Actively engage with all staff levels driving cross-functional alignment and communication consistently across the entire global network.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key functional teams, including Supply and Professional Services, serving as the primary liaison
- Centralize and manage risks, issues and feedback, following the escalation path and recommending proper prioritization. Recognize and identify themes instituting both short-term and long-term resolutions.
- Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback and staff development creating a culture around the team.
- Create and execute the Implementation Methodology, including task definition, persona identification, assignment of responsibilities, task duration, dependencies and templates, designed with flexibility for varied customers and services.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management acting as the primary set of extra hands shepherding the client through the implementation lifecycle including engaging in implementation related pre-sale activities.
- Lead the implementation of select new client accounts or new business with existing clients from business award of multi-modal services through implementation and ramp up to steady state service delivery.
- Structure total scope of awarded business and create an implementation project plan ensuring client and internal teams across sales, account management, planning & operations, carrier relations, procurement, fulfillment, technical and other teams are in position to execute.
- Own the readiness to serve and implementation project critical path to deliver to client as sold.
- Continuously drive and adapt the plan to new realities and findings to optimize for service level and quality while establishing efficient and universal internal and external solutions.
- Summarize and report out on implementation program status to leadership (commercial, business, and operational) highlighting any barriers to success and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Successfully close out implementations with a project style review capturing lessons learned to drive improvements into the Implementation Methodology.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS degree with 10+ years of work experience in freight forwarding, international logistics, or supply chain consulting industries
- A knack for spotting opportunities to simplify processes and solutions while preserving client happiness
- A consistent track record of success in scoping planning starting and finishing client facing cross functional projects;
- Next-level attention to detail and the drive to deliver ahead of schedule with a servant leadership approach.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort and confidence in front of clients.
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.