We are reinventing global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a BI Engineering Manager to help build a team/function that provides data for all of our products and business globally. You’ll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry.
What you’ll do
- Expertly design and own technical solutions for broad or complex requirements with insightful, strategic approaches
- Lead technical decisions on the team and functional area
- Describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs and decisions
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity
- Be part of a close-knit engineering team that ships new code every day
What you’ll need
- At least 2 years of experience managing BI/Data teams and 5 years as an BI/Analytics engineer working with data warehouse and data visualization tools, like Looker, Tableau, and Periscope. Looker experience is strongly preferred
- Strong SQL development and database model design experience. Postgres is strongly preferred
- Hands-on Python skills to understand pipelines and processes and be able to coach junior team members
- Ability to set technical vision for long term BI strategy/analytics/tools roadmap and self-service reporting capabilities and drive the implementation end-to-end
- Ability to coordinate internal technical work with outside partnership/external deadlines
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment & a bias for action. You ship quality code quickly
- Passion for business-oriented data development
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our pipelines are built using Python and SQL, scheduled in Apache Airflow. Near Real-Time Data Warehouse in Postgres and Data Lake in Redshift. All of our infrastructure is based on AWS. Our BI Data Warehouse is only 15 minutes behind Core Platform.
Culture & Values
Learn more at www.keyvalues.com/flexport