Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started.
With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for Analysts to join our Global Customs Team. This is a great position for hard-working, detail-oriented professionals looking to develop their career in the global trade industry. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest people in the industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
The Global Customs team is focused on building automation through technology and ensuring that clients stay compliant - from strategy to execution - to support and fuel our exciting growth plans.
No experience working in customs or trade? Don’t worry! We will train you, or send you to classes to expand your knowledge!
What you'll do:
- Digitally prepare and file all documentation required for goods to clear EU import and export Customs for high profile clients
- Review and organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with EU Customs regulations
- Enter commercial product information into our Customs software with speed, consistency and accuracy
- Support your operations and sales teams on Customs related topics such as product classifications, clarifying information on Customs docs, pre-calculating duties & taxes, etc.
What you'll need:
- BSc degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience. Bonus points for majors relating to Supply Chain, International Trade, International Business, or Maritime Law.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Most importantly, a can-do attitude. See something broken? Fix it.
- Proficiency in English is a must, Dutch / German language a bonus.
Meet the Team
Global Customs Analysts at Flexport:
The implementation of new customs regimes and trade-wars will always make customs a dynamic environment. At Flexport we always work in an ever-growing customs environment which boasts internal progression and licensed customs broker training. We are a young team with like minded people who enjoy the dynamic and ever-changing environment we work in; we always find new things to learn and develop whether that be new import jurisdictions or new legislation. Being apart of the customs team will allow you to develop your own ideas, understanding and internal processes as we build and grow our presence in Europe. You will have the ability to make a direct impact on our growth/team by helping to change, implement and fill the gap daily.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.