With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Global Customs Associate to join our Customs Team. You'll be working alongside and learning from some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.
- Digitally prepare and file all documentation required for goods to clear EU customs for high profile clients.
- Review and organize incoming documents to ensure compliance with EU Customs
- Enter commercial product information into our customs software with speed, consistency and accuracy.
- Support your operations and sales teams on customs related topics such as product classifications, clarifying information on customs docs, pre-calculating duties & taxes, etc.
You should have:
- BSc degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience. Bonus points for majors relating to Supply Chain, International Trade, International Business, or Maritime Law.
- 1-3 years experience in customs, preferably at a customs agency, freight forwarder or trade compliance firm.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- Most importantly, a can-do attitude. See something broken? Fix it.
- Proficiency in English is a must, Dutch / German language a bonus.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.