Global Problems. Global Impact.
We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We’re looking for a Research Coordinator to join our design and research team. In this role, you will help researchers and designers find and schedule the right users to participate in our interviews, usability tests, and other research projects. You will also help with project setup, closeout, organization, and documentation. The ideal person is exceptionally organized, a proactive self-starter and comfortable adjusting to shifting plans and schedules.
As a research coordinator, you will work closely with our senior director of research and several makers teams to support multiple research needs.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit and schedule users globally for in-person and remote interviews. Users include Flexport clients, suppliers, external experts, and Flexport employees
- Ensure that all teams at Flexport (marketing, global teams, design etc) are well coordinated when reaching out to users, to avoid multiple requests at the same time
- Create and manage panel of preferred users we involve in research
- Summarize and disseminate research insights within Flexport
- Suggest and organize events to build community within our team of researchers and designers
- Support with other general research and design needs
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years experience with recruiting coordination and research; experience within design a plus
- You can prioritize multiple assignments and quickly shift focus from one task to another throughout the day
- You have outstanding communication skills - you will be emailing and calling a lot of users, including our key clients
- You are a proactive self-starter, able to identify gaps and opportunities to create more efficient processes
- You are reliable, with a high level of follow-through
- You are a strong collaborator - you’ll be working with several researchers and designers
- You have experience scheduling and using online collaborative document/spreadsheet tools
Bonus points if you:
- Speak Mandarin or Cantonese
- Have experience designing surveys, analyzing data, summarizing research insights from secondary research or conducting qualitative or quantitative research
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.