Build our Leadership and Executive bench
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
The future of Flexport puts a strong emphasis on building great leadership, and we seek a seasoned and sophisticated Director of Executive Recruiting to support our growth. As part of the Recruiting team, you will partner closely with Flexport’s global technology leaders to identify and attract strong innovative leadership to the organization. In this role, you will own your searches start to finish and be charged with providing strategic advice resulting in a best in class candidate and client experience. We are hands-on, quick, creative, collaborative, and strategic. As a key member of the team, you will have the opportunity to help shape how we do our work, set the standard for greatness, and expand your recruiting chops into other functional areas. This is a full time, permanent role. Come join our global, rapidly growing team!
What you’ll do:
- Drive a high-touch, proactive, and consultative full life-cycle search process for senior positions across multiple functions including sales, operations, supply, G+A
- Consult with hiring leaders to define ideal candidate profiles and develop compelling job descriptions.
- Advise hiring leaders on search strategy, effective and efficient search processes, and market/hiring trends.
- Produce a dashboard that regularly updates progress on search status across every stage of the hiring process
- Source, attract, and deliver highly qualified passive candidates.
- Assess candidates and make recommendations to hiring managers, manage the evaluation process and hiring decisions, execute candidate follow-up and feedback.
- Develop research and sourcing strategies to ensure we meet or exceed our hiring goals while proactively building a diverse pipeline of top talent.
- Collaborate closely with the People team to forecast hiring needs, identify internal talent for open roles, and ensure smooth onboarding for new hires.
- In partnership with compensation, provide guidance on compensation packages.
- Extend and negotiate employment offers.
- Work closely with recruiting coordinators to ensure a good candidate interview experience.
- Manage outside search firms as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years of recruiting experience ideally gained at a retained executive search firm and/or in a senior level role inside a company.
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining relationships with executive hiring leaders and candidates.
- Extensive hands-on experience with all aspects of the recruiting life cycle including direct sourcing, interviewing and assessment, offer negotiation, and client management.
- Skilled researcher and sourcing skills.
- Experience recruiting sales and technical roles a plus.
- A background working with fast-paced global companies preferred.
- Experience conducting international searches preferred.
- Highly curious with a genuine interest in people and their motivations.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a reputation for critical thinking and seeing around corners.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage complex assignments and multiple searches while delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward, transparent manner.
- Confident, articulate, and persuasive.
- Strong customer orientation with outstanding client service, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Judgment and gravitas.
- Proven ability to collaborate at all levels of an organization.
- Passion, Humility and a "Can-Do" attitude.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.