We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $300M from investors that include the Founders Fund, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator, & Wells Fargo.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Our Air Freight Team continues to grow and, as part of that growth, we're looking to expand with a Regional Manager overseeing Air Procurement in the Asia region. The Air department is sourcing the air capacity to fly Flexport cargo around the globe. We are a team of procurement specialists (aka air negotiators) and planning experts finding the best routing for your shipments across the world. Our one aim is to provide the fastest solution for our customer to connect their production to their selling point.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with Country General managers and Global Air management team to define regional commercial strategy
- Define the partner strategy in the region, create and manage the relationship with partners & ensure to procure the required capacity and fair rates for our squads
- Define the airline strategy in the region and ensure to secure airline contracts and procure required capacity at competitive rates for our squads
- Monitor and drive airline satisfaction & ensure we are quality partners for airlines
- Undertake responsibility for the fulfillment of our capacity (BSAs & Charters)
- Constantly monitor fulfillment of our BSAs & charter capacity to ensure it is 100% fulfilled all the time at profitable rates
- Set up and manage co-loading relationship with local co-loaders to manage excess / shortage versus our current capacity
- Lead a regional team of air procurement & planning associates
- Train team and ensure they have all required tool & knowledge for their duties
- Ensure all requests to the team are immediately addressed & replied
- Ensure all operational issues related to air are immediately resolved
- Ensure that local teams in the region are constantly trained and up to date on airfreight processes and how to sell our airfreight product
You will bring:
- 8+ years of experience in related field
- Degree in related field
- Full fluency in English Mandarin (and Cantonese a plus)
- Manage a team of at least two associates
- Previous leadership experience in Freight Forwarding managing an operational team (customer service, space planning or operations).
- Extensive experience in co-loading market in HKG or China as buyer and seller of capacity.
- Strong analytical background and mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc…);
- Very structured with high level of energy;
- Strategic vision and ground floor execution;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Where you'll work:
Our Hong Kong team is positioned to streamline processes at the beginning of the supply chain and strengthen relationships with Asia-based clients and partners. We are a close-knit team that loves to spend time getting dinner, singing karaoke, and playing board games.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.