Help Flexport fix the user experience in global trade
As the central hub of Flexport Europe, our Amsterdam team works with clients across Europe and partners closely with our colleagues in the U.S. and Asia. We’re incubating country markets before establishing local offices in their respective regions.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
Due to our rapid Global expansion, we're looking for logistical masterminds to join our growing team in Amsterdam. Salivating at the thought of solving real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
- Manage all aspects of international trade from origin to destination;
- Interface with global logistics partners to coordinate international shipments;
- Shepherd clients through the complexities of international trade;
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure the highest level of service possible; and
- Assist Customs Team with logistical troubleshooting.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with a strong track record of success;
- 1-3 years of experience at a startup, top consulting, accounting, customer service or a similar firm;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed;
- Next-level attention to detail;
- Intellectual horsepower to become an expert on international trade in a matter of weeks; and
- Master of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. Read about three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.