We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Our Finance Team supports and collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, New York, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. With thousands of shipments in motion over the globe, we need a highly-motivated FP&A Manager. As a member of the broader FP&A team, you will be a crucial part of decision-making in areas such as planning, resourcing, measuring success, approving investments, and more. You’ll get substantial senior leadership exposure, focus real-time on the highest priority business issues, and be plugged into every facet of the business.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with our CMO in planning for marketing spend and ROI
- Align marketing campaign effects to Flexport's income statement and cash forecasting, budgeting, and executive reporting
- Conduct advanced analytics and develop new processes and tools to deliver impactful and actionable insights that drive decision making
- Drive insightful analyses to determine opportunities within financial data. Also includes developing key financial dashboards
- Engage and collaborate with other groups across Finance and beyond on ad hoc projects and modeling
- Coach, mentor, and develop team members
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of finance experience preferably at a leading technology company, investment bank, or consulting firm
- Experience supporting an experienced marketing organization (B2B a huge plus)
- A strong understanding of GAAP financials
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics or a quantitative discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools. Advanced Excel skills essential and knowledge of data systems, SQL, or other data languages preferred
- An ability to sweat the details and maintain a high level of integrity in your work
- A self-starter mindset enthusiastically driving projects
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.