Build the flight plans to help Flexport grow
Our Air Freight Team continues to grow and as part of that growth we're looking to expand our team with experienced planning associates in our Chicago Warehouse office located near O'hare Airport.
- Decide on allocation of Flexport shipments to our contracts to fulfill customer transit time and ensure fulfilment of our Air contracts with carriers
- Ensure our planned shipments make it to the allocated flight compliantly
- Review that all cargo arrives as planned with all documents
- Book the capacity with airlines
- Ensure full on time delivery for the booked flight working in collaboration with our shippers, trucking vendors and ground handlers
- Repair any airline offload or deviation to the plan and communicate revised planning to our customer service team
- Lead the design of cutting edge planning tools for Flexport with the global planning team and Flexport Air Software Engineering team
Capacity fulfilment management
- Monitor the fulfilment of Flexport procured Air contracts and take corrective actions to improve fulfilment (follow up with customers on promised cargo, reduce procured capacity, etc…)
- Manage coloading partnerships and/or GSA to help us fulfill contracted capacity
- Coordinate the clearance and the de-consolidation of all import consolidations into the region you oversee, interacting with warehouse team, trucker and squads to ensure that all shipments get delivered to the final customer on time
- Work with the different actors in the de-consolidation chain (airlines, terminals, truckers, warehouses) as well as our software engineering team to simplify and automate our import processes, therefore reducing manual work for your team and providing better control to our customers
Drive technology adoption
- Work with all partners in the export and import chain in your region to adopt our technology (train them, lead implementation with their teams, work with our software engineering to improve our product to meet their needs)
You must be comfortable with:
- Occasional irregular or intense hours: things go fast in Air and issues will need to be resolved on the spot
- Occasional weekend work (working from home): we cover weekends on alternative basis between the full team, this won’t be often but it will happen
You should have:
- Internal track record of success in an operational or planning role for 2-3 years
- Very structured and with high level of energy;
- Strong analytical background and full mastery of analytical tools (Excel, etc…);
- Extremely good at problem solving under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in Forwarder in Air Import/Export/Operations department or in an airline in Revenue Management / Space Control / Planning a plus
- Previous experience in Consulting a plus
- Master’s degree in Logistics or Sciences preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.