Build the programs to help Flexport grow
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a Software Engineer on Developer Infrastructure, you will primarily build and maintain tools/frameworks to enhance developer productivity. Things like CI/CD, remote development, staging environment, automated test hygiene and monitoring/alerting systems. You’ll be part of a very small team (<5) supporting 100+ engineers.
- You will work with product engineers to understand their problems and craft innovative solutions
- You will lend your hand in defense against production issues
- You will help steer the direction of our tech architecture
- You will own and grow our AWS infrastructure against a scaling engineering team and global user base
- You will drive monitoring across the app and ensure reliability of an increasingly complex system
You should have:
- Preferably 5 to 8+ years of professional software engineering
- You have experience with scripting languages, Linux, web servers
- You have strong attention to detail and a love for diagnosing complex problems
- You have the ability and desire to understand developer problems and fix them
Bonus points if you have:
- Relevant working experience in Platform or Infrastructure teams
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Ruby and/or Rails
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- Experience working on dev tools
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite and Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, and test our application with Jest. On the backend, we’re in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java and Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres and Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture and Values:
- Check out our Key Values profile
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.