We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Our Finance and Accounting Team supports and collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners and all internal departments. The company transacts with partners around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, China, Hong Kong, and Amsterdam. With thousands of shipments in motion over the global, we need a highly motivated Regional Financial Controller for the Asia Pacific region. You will be a crucial part of decision-making and provide leadership for the Asia Pacific region on areas relating to tax, financial reporting, accounting and expansion. You will be an integral part of the leadership team and help navigate the complexities of building an international accounting and finance team.
What you'll do:
- Provide regional leadership for all accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, statutory filings, tax and treasury matters across all legal entities within APAC.
- Ensure operations and transaction in the region are in compliance with Flexports financial and management control policies as well as local statutory requirements, including monitoring relevant processes, record keeping and reporting.
- Facilitate in preparing periodic management level reports and analyses to support the management and decision making responsibilities of the APAC management team.
- Review procedures and operation controls as well as provide insights to improve internal control and efficiency.
- Monitor and manage month end closing by working closely with regional and country team members as well as accounting service providers.
- Perform continuous assessment of the close process and process redesign to reduce the month-end accounting close timeline and improve accuracy.
- Collaborate with U.S.-based corporate peers in accounting, tax, operations, and related executive management as well as regional Human Resources, Legal, Sales and Marketing, regarding APAC business and finance matters and projects, including business development and process improvement.
- Lead monthly financial reviews with accounting service providers and corporate accounting team.
- Support global payroll team with in-region payroll filings, external third-party communication and ad-hoc requests.
- Manage the external KPMG statutory audits and US GAAP compliance as applicable
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA or CA preferred.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- 8+ years experience in accounting, including 3 years audit experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4) and experience in accounting for a publicly-listed or high-growth start-up company.
- CPA or local country equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in tax, finance, accounting and regulatory compliance. Specifically in Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan) and access to expertise in rest of Asia
- Working knowledge of US GAAP technical accounting and business matters. Experience with international entities, multi-currency and consolidation are a plus.
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Experience working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is critical
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, analytical and extreme attention to detail
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Passionate about accounting, finance, logistics and international trade!
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.