As the Customs Director, Europe, you will have end-to-end ownership of managing and expanding our in-house and partner customs operations throughout the EU, with an emphasis on Netherlands, UK and Germany. You will lead and inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, customer satisfaction, margin, and operational excellence. You will be responsible for creating a center of influence through people development and a strong strategic vision for the EU Customs department. You will report into our VP and Global Head of Customs and work in close alignment with all global leaders.
- Own all aspects of managing Customs Brokerage day to day operations
- Drive regional alignment and execution around the deployment of processes and systems as they relate to EU Customs
- Problem-solve any issues causing bottlenecks in operations flow
- Assist in client onboarding and advisory
- Assist in training of new customs brokerage specialists
- Identify areas of opportunity to increase operational and financial efficiency
- Assist in classifying products and advise on document compliance
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulations and procedures of EU Customs and Partner Government Agencies (PGA) - and in particular Netherlands, UK and Germany
You should have:
- 8+ years of professional experience working on customs and 3+ years of experience leading a team to success, preferably at a customs agency,freight forwarder or trade compliance firm
- Strong people management skills as a motivator and coach
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders in various regions
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital
- Customs broker license required
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.