We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We’re looking for a pragmatic, growth and culture minded leader with a proven track record of success to lead our San Francisco office. As a Director of Account Management & Operations, you will have end to end ownership for a number of commercial and service teams in San Francisco for Flexport. You will lead and inspire the teams to meet company objectives for growth, margin, operational excellence, and stakeholder satisfaction as measured by NPS. You will be responsible for developing multiple employees for promotion in this fast-growing company. You will report into our GM of San Francisco and work closely with all global leaders.
What you’ll do:
- Build and manage strong sales, account management, and operations teams;
- Provide leadership and direction to a high-performance team of managers and individual contributors, including hiring, training, and career development;
- Develop specific and targeted goals within each team to expand and accelerate growth & adoption, operational excellence and customer & carrier satisfaction (NPS);
- Execute on “supplier sales” program including driving adoption of the Flexport platform, generate inorganic growth opportunities and drive network effects of online adoption.
- Create, monitor and manage key performance metrics;
- Find innovative and creative ways to improve and increase performance;
- Implement best practices to support consistent and consultative sales and client success processes;
- Adopt and continually refine effective and aligned overall go-to-market strategy;
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the role, working collaboratively with the rest of the Leadership Team to get things done.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and compliance to global regulatory requirements.
- Lead and inspire top talent to reinvent and streamline processes, practices and behaviors to drive customer and carrier success.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, inclusiveness, operational agility and an obsession with service to make Flexport the preferred partner to our local customers (factories, shippers, suppliers) and service providers (carriers & truckers).
- Be local and global, you balance global and local practices to deliver maximum value to our customers, carriers and regulators.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience scaling client-facing service and operations teams including leading managers of managers in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven leadership, coaching and management skills,
- Ability to deliver on a broad portfolio of responsibilities on your own, and ‘figure stuff out’ quickly and effectively;
- Great with numbers including strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective communicator with good people instincts - able to build trust and work well with a diverse group inside and outside the company;
- Eager for a very hands-on role, where you’ll be asked to take on and run with a range of projects outside your comfort zone, and learn quickly;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented, with great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small;
- High integrity individual who’s enthusiastic about building a great company for the long term, and making a huge, positive impact in the world and on education;
- Bachelor's Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA preferred;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Join us to solve real world problems while shaping the future of global trade.