We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Due to our rapid Global expansion, we're looking for a Regiona Compliance Manager to join our team in Amsterdam. Salivating at the thought of solving legal and compliance issues while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Legal & Compliance Counsel as well as the Global Compliance Operations team to set up local compliance program approaching Compliance-as-a-Service in EU;
- Formularize compliance requirements into concise actionable step-by-step Compliance Operational Programs and related audits to ensure adherence
- Develop and deliver general as well as function specific Compliance training
- Be responsible for ensuring day-to-day import and export activities are in compliance with international trade law, local regulations and Flexport policy;
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to drive ongoing compliance excellence;
- Continuously push to deliver on our promise of “Free Trade Through Technology”; cut through red tape while staying fully compliant;
- Deep dive on compliance processes to streamline operational procedures and make our teams more efficient;
- Perform risk-based compliance audits, and execute on outcomes as needed;
- Maintain good working relationships with the applicable government agencies;
- Proactively provide regulatory compliance guidance to the business;
- Stay on top of regulatory changes in the world of transportation/logistics, analyze those changes and make the necessary recommendations to the global team and ensure program implementation of such changes.
What you'll need:
- Worked for big manufacturing brands, freight forwarders or consultancy in the areas of Trade, Transport, Maritime and/or Customs regulations;
- Robust knowledge about global supply chain security programs is preferred,
- including but not limited to AEO, Regulated Agents, as well as international programs such as CTPAT.
- Experience with hazmat regulations is welcomed
- Dealt with trade, Transport, Maritime and/or Import & Export Customs regulators (working experience with such regulatory agencies is a plus);
- Independently managed projects from inception to final execution.
- Strong command of English;
- LLM/LLB degree in Law, Compliance, Trade or similar; regulatory experience is a plus;
- Superior organizational talent - you love dotting i’s and crossing t’s;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- An obsession with client happiness - you succeed when they succeed;
- Love to work as an integral part of cross functional, international team that serves operational supply chain teams as well as business operational teams.
Where you'll work:
As the central hub of Flexport Europe, our Amsterdam team works with clients across Europe and partners closely with our colleagues in the U.S. and Asia. We’re incubating country markets before establishing local offices in their respective regions.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.