Due to our rapid Global expansion, we're looking for a Head of Compliance, Europe to join our team in Amsterdam.
- Keep a pulse on new and changing compliance regulations and identify new or changed programs that Flexport should implement
- Design compliance programs, and localize global compliance programs for Europe
- Define operating procedures, and align with teams how to best incorporate these in the daily workflows
- Implement compliance programs locally in the European offices, and partner with local leadership to make sure teams adhere to the programs
- Partner with the PM compliance (Annie) to ensure compliance enhancing adjustments make it into our platform
- Train European and global teams on compliance programs and keep knowledge base up to date
- Monitor compliance performance on the programs, and take action in case performance is not at required level
- Manage compliance escalations internally and with external stakeholders & agencies
- Proactively identify compliance risks and improvements and work with leadership to address
- Lead the local operational compliance team that executes the various screening programs (DG, denied parties, etc)
You should have:
- Worked for big manufacturing brands, freight forwarders or consultancy in the areas of Trade, Transport, Maritime and/or Customs regulations;
- Experienced with the ability to create compliance programs with continuous improvement aspects.
- Robust knowledge about global supply chain security programs is preferred, including but not limited to AEO, Regulated Agents, as well as international programs such as CTPAT.
- Experience with hazmat regulations is welcomed
- Dealt with Trade, Transport, Maritime and/or Import & Export Customs regulators (working experience with such regulatory agencies is a plus);
- Independently managed projects from inception to final execution;
- Strong command of English;
- Law degree would be helpful but not required or in the alternative, experience in Compliance, Trade or similar; regulatory experience is a plus;
- Superior organizational talent and next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An obsession with client happiness - you succeed when they succeed;
- Love to work as an integral part of cross functional, international team that serves operational supply chain teams as well as business operational teams.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.