We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We're looking for a Senior Content Writer to join its growing Creative/Content Studio and help bring Flexport’s incredible story and value proposition to life. This person is a strong strategic thinker with outstanding editorial writing capabilities. Someone who will embody and empower the brand’s voice through thought leadership. Someone who thrives on big challenges and responds with big creative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- You will apply intelligence, wit and heart to make complex services and value propositions understandable, relatable and deeply relevant
- You will help conceive, lead and execute content initiatives, researching and producing them in consultation with Flexport subject matter experts, industry experts and creative team members – as well as helping to manage and edit third-party content partners
- You will maintain the agility and flexibility to write everything from eBooks and white papers to blog posts and podcasts to articles and educational digital experiences
- You will contribute to marketing materials that promote content, including web pages, landing pages and emails
- You will translate big creative IDEAS THAT FLEX that cross channels, audiences and buyer stages into content that compels customers and prospects to take action
- You will work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
- You will take ownership of projects assigned and ensure they meet agreed deadlines to agreed standards
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5-7 years of copywriting experience in agency, in-house or journalistic setting, online and traditional
- Fluency in Microsoft Office/Apple software (Word, PowerPoint, Keynote); knowledge of Adobe Creative suite a plus
- University degree (undergraduate level) in Communications, design or another creatively or culturally interesting field and/or completion of an ad/design school program
- Real-world experience in a journalistic, creative or marketing related field
- Experience working in B2B or business marketing in complex categories
- Multi-hyphenate skill set: Digital-traditional-social, Advertising-marketing-content, Long-form and short-form content, Left-brain-right-brain-creative-strategic
Where you’ll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.