Help us run and improve our Finance in Asia
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire an Accounts Payable Manager in Shenzhen for Flexport Asia to join our growing Asia Team. You will be part of Flexport’s Global Finance and Accounting Team which collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, partners, and all internal departments. We need someone able to create strong processes and provide coverage in all time zones to keep up with our rapid international growth!
- Manage the flow of bill from receipt through approval, payment and reconciliation.
- Coordinate with freight partners, internal operations, procurement, outsourced service providers and the bank for a seamless procure to pay process.
- Provide leadership for ~4 staff to ensure completion of accurate and timely accounts payable processes, provide guidance on moderate to complex issues, support the effective resolution of issues; ensure that all members of the team provide a consistently high level of service and quality performance.
- Coordinate the receipt of fapiao with vendors
- Manage manual payment requests and work with procurement for efficient onboarding of new partners
- Additional projects and ad hoc duties as assigned;
You should have:
- Mainland China experience required;
- 5+ years accounts payable with prior management experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred; CPA designation a plus;
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required;
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and listening skills;
- Desire to make payments a seamless process for the company;
- Knowledge of payment software platforms and ERP systems, (experience with Netsuite is a plus!).
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise.
Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.