We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
We are looking for an experienced sales finance or sales operations manager to own a critical function in our commercial business. As Sales Analytics Manager, you will own sales pipeline forecasting, sales planning, and sales reporting for our fast-growing, global sales team. You will serve as a critical liaison between Finance, Sales, Marketing, and our Supply teams. You and your team will build scalable frameworks for reporting and forecasting, such that you can spend much of your time using insights to drive the strategy and direction of our sales team.
Your function will sit within the Commercial Operations team and you will report to the Sr. Director of Commercial Operations. You will be a key part of the hands-on group driving strategy for Sales.
What are we looking for in a candidate? We are looking for an experienced sales finance or sales operations professional who doesn’t want to sit on the sidelines. We want someone who knows how to scalably forecast and track a high-growth sales business, but who also relishes in turning insights into action plans. Someone who can make sense of complex business models and can collaborate well with people of all functions and levels.
What you’ll do:
- You and your team will own the analysis and reporting on our sales pipeline, sales forecast, and sales KPIs
- You will own the structure, process and cadence to scalably deliver sales metrics and reporting to key stakeholders across Sales, Finance, and Marketing
- You will spot critical trends and provide actionable business insights to our leadership team to drive the strategic direction of Sales
- You will lead strategic projects to optimize the sales team’s performance and to optimize the partnership between Sales and other functions across the org
- You will partner tightly with FP&A and our Pricing teams to deliver key inputs to their corporate models
- You will manage a team
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years in a quantitative sales operations role (Sales Operations, Sales Finance or Sales Analytics); 7+ years of total work experience required
- Significant experience modeling and reporting on sales capacity and sales performance, ideally in companies with a complex sales model
- Proven track record solving hard problems, from defining the problem through implementing the solution; strong project management skills
- Advanced analytical skills, including: advanced Excel skills, deep familiarity with common BI/Analytics tools (e.g. Periscope, Looker, etc.), and significant experience using Salesforce.com; proficiency with SQL is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a consistent track record of building strong relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing a team
Where you'll work:
Our flagship office is on Market Street. We’re dog-friendly. We do a lot of 1:1s at the beautiful Yerba Buena Gardens and, as a truly global company, we don’t let geography slow us down. We rotate hack-a-thons and move Flexporters all around the world.
Investing your time with Flexport means having immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.