Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Operations Engineering, Security, People Ops, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We onboard new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Flexport employees globally. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Flexport around the world, in over 12 offices in 6 different countries
We’re looking for a Network Engineer with excellent problem-solving & technical skills to address complex problems for our teams around the world.
- Design, plan, and test for Network Infrastructure Projects
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network hardware from Firewalls, switches, waps and more
- Act as a technical escalation point and provide support for network related issues and requests
- Perform peer review on other team members work and strong documentation skills following compliance best practices
- Implement extensive in-house testing and research for network infrastructure improvements
- Provide documented solutions, including build and maintenance plans
- Continuous development and improvement of network policies and procedures and ensuring they are put into practice and followed by the team
- Contribute to a healthy interpersonal and team-oriented environment
- Ensure industry best practices for the delivery, implementation and maintenance of systems by employees and contractors
- Manage existing relationship with service providers, contractors, and various vendors
You should have:
- You have at least 3-5 years networking experience
- You have a strong working knowledge of routers, L2/3 switches, enterprise WiFi solutions, and prevailing Nextgen brands of firewalls and EndPoint Security solutions
- You are familiar and have hands on experience with Palo Alto Networks, Ruckus, Cisco Meraki, and Cisco.
- You possess a high level of integrity and can work independently and under tight project schedules
- You have core OSI methodology skills for troubleshooting and analysis
- You are able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users
- You are familiar with Network configuration & setup -- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN Tunnel (GRE & IPSec), VRF, HSRP / VRRP, QoS, IP Flow Top Talkers, IP Accounting, ARP, NAT, PAT, Port Channel, VXLAN, Policy Routing.
- You have an understanding of Wifi security protocols such as as WEP, WPA2, EAP, RADIUS
- You are familiar with monitoring tools such as Nagios, Logic Monitor, DataDog
- You are customer service minded and develop and maintain cordial, effective partnerships
- This role will require travel, and an On-Call Schedule
Bonus points for:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNA/CCNP) and/or Security certifications
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.