Own our AWS infrastructure to help Flexport grow
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will maintain and grow our infra stack, CI/CD pipelines, and related monitoring/alerting. You will work alongside our product engineers to improve the developer experience and production infrastructure.
- Be our first line of defense against production issues
- Own and grow our AWS infrastructure against a scaling engineering team and global user base
- Develop new systems and tools to improve the developer experience and engineering velocity
- Drive monitoring across the app and ensure reliability of an increasingly complex system
You should have:
- Preferably 3 to 6+ years of relevant work experience in Linux environments
- Deep experience with the AWS platform
- The ability and desire to read and understand code across a variety of languages
- A strong attention to detail and a love for diagnosing complex problems
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency with configuration automation using Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, or Mesos
- Demonstrable programming skills with Ruby, Python, or Java
Our production stack is in the cloud on AWS. We run multiple EC2 Ubuntu servers connected to a Postgres RDS database. Our CI/CD pipeline uses a buildkite CloudFormation template to manage an autoscaling cluster responsible for testing and deployment.
For development, we rely heavily on Docker and ECS to provision both development containers for engineering as well as tooling to quickly spin up testing containers based on github branches for PMs and Designers.
Engineering Culture and Values:
- Check out our Key Values profile
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.