Support and delight Flexport's clients
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Operations Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients, while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
Our Operations Specialist role is the first step in a career path in our broader Global Operations Team. Our Global Operations Team empowers our clients, partners with asset owners around the world, and manages end-to-end global coordination of shipments to further us on our mission of fixing the user experience in Global Trade.
We’re looking for recent college graduates and students planning on graduating in 2019.
- Tracking shipment status and updating schedules
- Reviewing/generating shipment documentation and data for accuracy and compliance.
- Performing critical shipment milestones and specific shipment processes for a squad
- Communicate effectively with internal teams and partners.
- Complete projects or analytics to support the squad as needed (ie data clean up and QBR prep).
- Handling routine client communication and routine exceptions during shipment lifecycle
You should have:
- 2019 bachelor or master graduates with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience;
- Good command of English and Mandarin;
- A selfless mindset willing to work in the nitty gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver for our clients.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- The ability to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Don’t be! We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Listen to Ryan, our CEO explain what freight forwarding is and why improving global trade can help to connect the world and break down economic barriers in this Fast Company Freethink Original Series video.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.