We are reinventing global trade.
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients and suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base and we’re excited to continue building a product and service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, you’re guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, and resourceful team members.
Data and information is the foundation upon which Flexport builds its business and transforms the freight industry. Our Operations Team helps Flexport deliver the accuracy and insight that represent value to our clients, while working in a team to learn the business of moving freight.
Our Operations Specialist role is the first step in a career path in our broader Global Operations Team. Global Operations empowers our clients, partners with asset owners around the world, and handles end-to-end global coordination of shipments to help us on our mission of fixing the user experience in Global Trade.
We’re looking for recent college graduates and students planning on graduating in the Spring/Summer of 2019.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for the quality of data from client and supplier through to Flexport’s Customs team;
- Work with Operations Associates to help move freight for our clients;
- Refine and expand the processes to optimize our data onboarding and delivery.
- Enter commercial product information and dimensions with speed, consistency, and accuracy.
- Ensure quality control of international shipment documents;
- Complete special projects to support the team with serving our clients and partners
What you'll need:
- A 2018 or 2019 BA/BS Degree with a strong academic track record and meaningful internship experience;
- Strong command of English and Mandarin (Cantonese is a plus)
- A selfless mindset willing to work in the nitty-gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver for our clients.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills;
- Next-level attention to detail and follow-through;
- The ability to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
Where you'll work:
Our Shenzhen team is streamlining processes at the beginning of the supply chain and strengthening relationships with Asia-based clients and partners. Our office is located in the heart of Shenzhen’s central business district, with fantastic views of the Civic Center (we gaze out at it a lot). We’re surrounded by great restaurants, fantastic shopping, and stroll-worthy parks and plazas.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.