Sales Account Manager
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
Remote.co, launched in 2015, is a part of the FlexJobs family. Today Remote.co is a leading remote work job board and resource. We are excited to be growing the team to include a motivated and experienced sales account manager to help grow the business from an outreach and customer support standpoint.
You will work directly with the vice president of Remote.co to learn the current account management and customer service process, identify opportunities to enhance and improve those efforts, create an outreach plan, and collaborate with colleagues on the FlexJobs team to accomplish your goals. You'll need to be comfortable with both inbound and outbound sales, but not be over-the-top in your approach. We are about building relationships that are mutually beneficial and support the remote work space with integrity and intention.
Your Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of account management, sales, and/or customer support, preferably in human resources, employment/jobs, or a related space
- Experience building, maintaining and growing customer relationships through inbound and outbound sales.
- Experience in a startup environment where you've worn multiple hats and thrive on developing processes and systems
- Experience with WordPress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at positive and mutually beneficial relationship management
- Eagerness to learn with a passion for helping others and a willingness to grow
- Tech savvy with a proficiency in G-Suite and Microsoft Office
- Bonus points for marketing experience, especially email marketing
Traits Required of All Team Members at FlexJobs
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time off policy
- Ability to work remotely
- Pay it Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we'll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What pay rate/salary would you be comfortable with
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your gmail settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.