Flex is an early-stage, remote-first FinTech startup that is bringing flexible payments to recurring bills. It’s hard to believe that it’s 2022 and you’re still not able to choose when you pay your bills. Flex is here to change that! Flex is a multi-bill platform. We began by revolutionizing rent — Americans’ largest recurring bill. We enable our users to pay rent and bills throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their finances. With Flex, everybody can better manage their bills and budget. After deliberately keeping a stealth profile as we built up unprecedented investor support and an enthusiastic user base, we plan to scale to 300 team members in 2022. Will you be a part of the team?
Flex is looking for a developer experience engineer to join our team to enable our mobile and web development teams to scale. Engineers on our team understand that the best applications are developed by teams that have automated testing infrastructure, great internal tooling, and use best practices to build apps at scale.
You will create and support the tools and infrastructure that keep our iOS, Android, and Web applications building reliably, which will allow us to release frequently and confidently. As a member of the team, you will be collaborating with engineers across our organization to promote the tools and infrastructure to make Flex the best place in the world to develop mobile and web applications
What you'll bring:
- Significant, practical software engineering experience building fault tolerant, distributed, scalable, and secure applications that are easy to support and extend.
- Sound judgment, relevant data, and an open mind to help you and the team navigate together when the way forward isn’t clear.
- Perfection as your North Star, but an understanding of when to get it done as best as it can be done and return to it later.
- Empathy and a sense of craftsmanship to help guide our product and engineering focus.
- Experience managing your own infrastructure - you own your code. Write it, test it, ship it!
- Mentor and partner with other members of the team to help them craft great software and develop their skills as engineers.
- Strength with negotiating project scope and strong time estimation skills
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Automating configurations of build infrastructure
- Upkeeping build tools and dependencies
- Improving our test and build process
- Collaborating with engineers to improve code quality
- Able to mentor engineers in using best practices for software development and release management
Beneficial Tech Stack Experience:
- Prior experience working on build & release teams
- Proficient with TypeScript
- Experience with CI tools (GHA)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with IDE’s, such as Android Studio & XCode
- Experience with Web + Mobile release management
- Familiar with Android / iOS / Web development tool ecosystem
Life at Flex:
- Competitive pay
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) + company stock options
- Unlimited paid time off + company paid holidays
- Parental leave + IVF and adoption support
- Flex Cares Program: Non-profit company match + pet adoption coverage
- Free Flex subscription