Student and alumni engagement are an integral part of Flatiron School’s success. While Flatiron School is an incredibly challenging experience, the student community is what aids students in overcoming the challenges ahead of them. This job of the Campus Lead is to ensure the student community represents our company values and is inclusive of all people. This is a great position for somebody passionate about community building, education, and technology to have a major impact on our growing business.
This is a very collaborative, cross-functional role. You'll be working with our instructional team to establish a strong community of students on campus. That said, you will also be required to work on projects independently and run with more limited direction towards achieving your goals. You are super excited to get up in front of a crowd, and love the idea of representing Flatiron School. Finally, you are comfortable helping students through moments of stress and low energy.
- Be the organizational brain of the campus. Keep track of rosters, calendars, communication lists and more
- Ensure all stakeholders are looped into events happening on campus
- Produce events that drive a positive student community
- Connect community and students through engagement events
- Be the student ombudsperson. Advocate for the emotional and physical requests of our students
- Be the point of contact for student concerns. This is both for feedback about the program as well as using your emotional intelligence to show students how to be successful during school
- Administer and analyze feedback surveys to iterate on student experience
- You are super energetic, friendly, and openly optimistic
- You are resilient and relish the opportunity to tackle whatever challenges come your way
- You love people - and want to be surrounded by them all the time!
- You have a high EQ and don’t shy away from giving tough feedback
- You have a passion for community organizing, education, and technology
- You have some experience managing and executing small- and/or large- scale events
- You are scrappy, detail oriented, and you are known for your flawless organizational skills
- If you have experience working with students, engaging a technical audience, and/or building alumni communities, that's a plus!
ABOUT FLATIRON SCHOOL
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our seven years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.