Flatiron School is looking for a Regional Marketing Manager to oversee our Chicago marketing efforts! Based in Chicago, our Regional Marketing Manager will have the unique opportunity to drive student acquisition and build brand awareness in Chicago to support our existing campus, launch programs, and create and deploy successful marketing tactics and campaigns regionally. You’ll collaborate with marketing channel leads from our centralized team to deploy a hyperlocal omni-channel marketing strategy that achieves applicant and enrollment targets in these markets.
The Regional Marketing Manager for Chicago will be responsible for developing and executing the overall marketing plan to achieve our student application targets for every course available - from our on-campus Software Engineering, Data Science, and UX/UI Design Courses to our Online offerings. We’re looking for a strategic thinker and strong leader who’s also able to get in the weeds and tactically execute while also overseeing or mentoring other marketers. The ideal candidate has data-driven omni channel marketing experience with a passion for user research and market positioning and a love for building a field and events marketing operation.
You’ll collaborate closely with the regional commercial leadership, the admissions team, and marketing channel leads.
- Act as an expert in each market in your region for the marketing team and use that knowledge to help localize marketing assets and messaging.
- Develop and execute successful local events and field marketing activations & activities both on-campus and off to drive awareness and qualified applications.
- Funnel Performance: Actively manage each local funnel. Surface trends and insights and work together with your team to deploy creative solutions and tactics to increase performance.
- Reporting: Develop and report weekly on key KPIs (visitors through enrollments) for all regional programs.
- Local Marketing Mix: Determine local marketing mix to drive acquisition success and plan out how local budget will be deployed across different marketing tactics on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Market and Campaign Launches: Execute, and help project manage new market, new product line, and new feature launches.
- Support Campaign Development: Turn data-driven and user research discoveries into ideas that develop into acquisition and engagement campaigns.
- Ideate and Execute Research: Identify key prospective student needs in your regions through user research, data analysis, and testing. Go deep on understanding local prospective customers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 4+ years experience in a regional marketing, field marketing, or omni-channel marketing.
- 2+ years of experience in events marketing, planning & operations
- Detailed oriented and able to execute a project from start to finish
- People management experience a plus
- Experience overseeing events programs and field marketing
- Experience building local marketing plans.
- Scrappiness: You seek out creative ways to personally execute on the projects you put into motion.
- Skilled with data and market research: You’re good at quickly analyzing data and user research and turning it into actionable, digestible insights.
- Bias for action: You’re someone who tends to push the pace of innovation by moving fast and testing efficiently.
- Excellent storyteller: You’re a natural at conveying our core value proposition to the user, and crafting the right motivational nudges with effective copy.
- Passion for education and our product: You love what Flatiron School is about and truly think our product can make a difference.
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.