Senior Curriculum Writer, Cybersecurity Analytics
Flatiron School is looking for Senior Curriculum Writer, Cybersecurity Analytics to support cybersecurity curriculum team.
The ideal individual is a smart, innovative, driven, problem solving HUNT Analyst with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities to create high quality, scalable learning experiences that supports our growing learning community.
The Flatiron School Curriculum team curates and designs a range of effective, high quality, scalable learning experiences for learners at our campuses. In conjunction with other subject-matter experts, the Senior Curriculum Writer will curate and design curriculum related to our Cybersecurity analytics program that will align with the needs of Cybersecurity students, faculty, and enterprise customers.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Create original educational content including articles, videos, and e-books introducing hunt and analytical topics with some technical depth, such as SEIM administration and analysis, digital forensics, threat intelligence, Incident Response, and data visualization.
- Create and field lab exercises that reinforce and develop student skills in areas that correspond with learning objectives.
- Collaborate with Instructors, product managers, career advisors and marketers to create, maintain, and improve Flatiron Schools course content and learning experiences
- Lead in-person course lecture on Analysis related topics
- Mentor students through the development of final projects in the Security Analyst field that allow students to solve a real business problem within a cybersecurity context.
- Define, enhance, and deliver data-driven learning experiences
- Utilize student feedback and experimentation to continuously improve teaching and assessment methods.
- Evaluate new tools, packages, and tutorials for use in the curriculum.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for in-class and online education
- Professional work experience as a Security Analyst, or as a cybersecurity instructor. Preferred if you have a background in cybersecurity analysis and forensics.
- Ability to simplify and explain complex topics
- Strong understanding of multiple SEIM tools and platforms
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (helpful), including, but not limited to: Bash Scripting, Python Scripting, and PowerShell Scripting.
- Proven ability to successfully manage people and projects
- Organized, reliable and motivated
- Detail-oriented and likes to solve problems
- Security + is highly desirable
- Security+ level knowledge, Network+ level knowledge, Linux+ Level knowledge, Windows Administration Knowledge, Type I and Type II, and cloud Virtualization knowledge.
About SecureSet x Flatiron School
SecureSet has emerged as the premier cybersecurity education provider. We have recently joined forces with the Flatiron School as we continue to educate the next generation of expert cybersecurity problem-solvers. Cyber security is one of the most headline-grabbing topics and industries of our time and affects virtually every aspect of our lives.
There are few greater global challenges you could work on than the ones we love to work on everyday. If you thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, mission-oriented environment where you can actually have a positive impact on the world, then consider joining our team at Flatiron School. We are looking for individuals who are as committed to as we are. Flatiron School’s campuses are places of community, learning, and growth.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.