Flatfile is on a mission to remove barriers between humans and data. We’re starting by rethinking spreadsheet import, an experience that can be politely described as “frustrating” for everyone involved. With an elegant import button, we’re making data import easy, if not delightful, for hundreds of businesses already.
About the role:
Your mission? r/hundreds/thousands
The software world has been neglecting this problem for so long that they’ve become callous to the pain of data import. Traditionally the challenge has been involving a non-technical user in something that, at its core, is a very technical problem. Flatfile has found a solution to the problem - something we call data onboarding - and we need to tell the world, quickly!
“Sales” at a company of this stage is intentionally broad. You’ll wear a suit some days and flip-flops others. You’ll be talking to CEOs and CSMs, engineers and designers. Practically speaking, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing new business opportunities through dedicated prospecting
- Generating ideas for new use cases for our product as you engage prospects and delivering those back to the marketing and product teams
- Managing complex sales cycles to close new customers
- Incorporating relevant context to deliver persuasive client presentations
- Owning the entire sales cycle: from lead generation to contract-signing and beyond
- Working with Customer Success team to identify and win major expansion opportunities
- Developing and maintain senior-level relationships within target accounts
- Participating in continuous improvement of the team's sales process
- Maintaining and communicating an accurate sales forecast.
You're likely a good fit for this opportunity if you have:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated team building, leadership and the ability to manage multiple complex sales engagements concurrently.
- Demonstrated track record of top tier performance in previous roles
- Enterprise/B2B software experience
- Proven ability to work with top executives on critical (and expensive) issues, experience closing 6- and 7-figure deals is a plus
- Experience working in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
Your success will be dependent on your enthusiasm for the problem space, ability to learn about the market quickly, and deft balancing of strategic and tactical initiatives to drive customer awareness and adoption of Flatfile. You’ll work closely with Flatfile’s executive leadership and play a pivotal role in the growth of our business. And you’ll fail, but you’ll learn from your failures and teach others along the way.
What you get back:
Practical and valuable experience at a rapidly growing startup
Significant responsibility and exposure to executive-level decision makers
Competitive salary and commissions
Full health, vision, and dental benefits
Full 401k with company matching
Flexibility to work from home (or Bermuda!)