About the role:
Within the past 5 months we've moved from running Geth within SGX to running a block builder inside an SGX enclave so with our rapid and we’re now onto the next stage and in search of a seasoned engineer who can take charge of developing our SGX products.
You'll collaborate with some of the most brilliant crypto experts to design and build products, as well as contribute to research endeavours that are fundamental to the future of Flashbots.
- Developing a fast EVM environment that can be used within an SGX
- Build and maintain brand new products for Flashbots searchers, miners, and retail users
- Contribute to the roadmap of Flashbots
- Writing examples and documentation for public consumption
- 5+ years of experience working on production systems
- Experience in C and/or C++ programming languages
- Experience with cryptography
- Experience with devops
- Experience with Solidity
- Experience with at least one of Go or Rust
- Experience with Ethereum or EVM-based chains
- Experience with geth or other Ethereum clients
- Experience with strategies currently used for MEV
- Able to show available open-source work
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum's Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of novel privacy primitives and SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working - travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.