About the Role
As a Lead Architect at Flashbots, you will play a critical role in unlocking key products on the Flashbots roadmap. Your responsibilities will include analyzing solution trade-offs, designing prototypes, formalizing architectural decisions, providing technical leadership, supporting implementation where needed, and collaborating with researchers and engineers to develop innovative products such as MEV-Share, and Suave.
In addition to the outline above, as the Lead Architect you will:
- Partner closely with Flashbots product, research, and engineering teams to design product prototypes, diagrams, and technical explainers for Flashbots products
- Review code and other technical proposals and provide feedback to other team members
- Stay apprised of the latest technical developments in blockchain and MEV
- Evaluate, document, and educate others on the design space and implementation trade-offs for various solutions
- 8+ years of blockchain and software architectural design and implementation
- Expertise in production-grade software development using Go, Rust, Python, or TypeScript
- Advanced command of blockchain infrastructure and architectural designs and solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities in remote environment
- Experience leading and mentoring other engineers
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Nice to Have
- Designed architectural solutions across the MEV supply chain, orderflow auction solutions, privacy and cryptographic primitives, or related MEV solutions.
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum's Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of novel privacy primitives and SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working - travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.