About the role
Data is at the core of understanding the complex landscape of MEV and the Flashbots Network. We’re looking for a talented data scientist to join the team and help us answer questions about the Flashbots Network and broader MEV ecosystem. This role will work closely with product leads to generate insights that are key to product development and creating data visualizations for internal and external audiences.
- Analyze internal and on-chain data to understand user behaviour and dynamics within the MEV ecosystem
- Measure network performance, help develop core metrics, and create dashboards for both internal and external audiences
- Create and maintain monitoring and data sourcing scripts
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g Python, Golang), data visualization, dashboarding
- Basic knowledge of data pipeline tools (e.g. Snowflake/Redshift/BigQuery, AWS lambda/S3, Apache Airflow, Spark/Hadoop etc.).
- Comfortable with async contributing, both collaboratively and self-sufficiently
- Flexible, accountable, and focused on high-impact solutions
- T-Shaped capabilities
- Experience with database i.e. relational database, key-value stores, stream databases, graph databases
- Experience with Go & Kubernetes
- Experience with Ethereum, EVM-based chains as well as Geth or associated Ethereum clients
- Passion or awareness for MEV
- Able to show available open source work
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum's Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of novel privacy primitives and SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working - travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.