Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum.
We build decentralized products to maximally decentralize public blockchains and empower users.
What we're looking for
Flahsbots at its core consists of an efficient market for MEV extraction that minimizes negative externalities. We are looking for an autonomous senior researcher with a proven track record on mechanism design to work on market design in decentralized systems. Their work will be mostly focused in directed research, both open-ended and geared towards improving Flashbots’ products. As well as an independent researcher, they need to be an excellent team player.
- Perform independent research on decentralized market design
- Be aware of Flashbots’ product needs and think of ways the research outcomes impact them
- Share research outcomes internally and with the community
- Optional: contribute to external research coordination
- Proven track record of independent research on mechanism design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Optional: experience coordinating other researchers
Join us to help solve hard problems that have asymmetric impact and strike at the core of crypto.
💸Competitive salary with significantly above market rate equity package
🧠 Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
📚Yearly budget for your learning and development goals
✈️ +5 paid trips per year to team on-sites (Amsterdam, Morocco etc)
🍏Attractive health cover package for US employee
Option to get paid in crypto