Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum.
We build decentralized products to maximally decentralize public blockchains and empower users.
What we're looking for
Flashbots is seeking a senior engineer to lead the development of our SGX related products.
Working closely with Robert Miller, your work will bring to life one of our original approaches to democratize MEV as outlined In this Eth Resreach post by Robert in the early days of Flashbots:
MEV-SGX: A sealed bid MEV auction design
You will have the opportunity to work on both implementing products and contributing to research efforts with a high degree of autonomy.
- Developing a fast EVM environment that can be used within an SGX
- Build and maintain brand new products for Flashbots searchers, miners, and retail users
- Contribute to the roadmap of Flashbots
- Writing examples and documentation for public consumption
- 5+ years experience working on production systems
- Experience in C and/or C++ programming languages
- Experience with cryptography
- Experience with devops
- Experience with Solidity
- Experience with at least one of Go or Rust
- Experience with Ethereum or EVM-based chains
- Experience with geth or other Ethereum clients
- Experience with strategies currently used for MEV
- Able to show available open source work
Join us to help solve hard problems that have asymmetric impact and strike at the core of crypto.
💸Competitive salary with significantly above market rate equity package
🧠 Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
📚Yearly budget for your learning and development goals
✈️ +5 paid trips per year to team on-sites (Amsterdam, Morocco etc)
🍏Attractive health cover package for US employee
Option to get paid in crypto