Flash is revolutionizing urban mobility. We are changing how people move around cities by developing and deploying a smart, fun and environmentally-friendly transportation system. Headquartered in Berlin with local teams distributed across major European cities, we are launching a fleet of next-generation electric kick-scooters. Flash is one of the fastest growing global tech start-ups, with the bold ambition of improving people’s lives through safe, convenient, affordable and comfortable mobility.
The Chief Vehicle Officer is responsible for leading the engineering and designing of flash vehicles from start to finish. The CVO will be responsible for the design and integration of all vehicle systems found in today’s flash vehicles and set the overall development strategy, maintaining flash‘s objectives.
- Define and develop vehicle development organizational structure and capabilities
- Directly manage others and be responsible for staffing, performance of each direct report and the team as a whole
- Lead product development processes and organization through all phases of the product’s life cycle. Provide technical expertise and support to resolve process issues
- Manage engineering budgets for vehicles projects, develop program cost estimates and quotes
- Ensure engineering deliverables (design, prototypes, releases, problem resolution, etc.) are completed on time
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and technical advancements
- Provide strategic direction for all technical aspects through assessment of internal and competitive products and capabilities.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and 10 years of related experience, master degree in technical field preferred
- Extensive understanding of technology and business, understandings of engineering disciplines and processes
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to senior management, public groups and/or boards of directors
- Strong leadership skills with high self-motivation and drive
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and deliver results
- Must be able to work under pressure, be willing to work with tight deadlines, be capable of multi-tasking, and have the ability to adjust to changing priorities
Ready to undertake your next big thing?
Awesome! We look forward to talking with you.
Your application and personal data will be collected by LMTS Germany GmbH.